Delicious whole grain muffins packed with dried fruit, wheat germ, oats, and spices. Serve warm by themselves or with a light spread of your favorite nut butter.
|Blackstrap Molasses is higher in iron|
than traditional molasses.
1/4 c. dried cherries (unsweetened), finely chopped
1/2 c. dried prunes (unsweetened & preservative free), finely chopped1-1/4 c. hot water, divided
1/4 c. wheat germ
1 c. millet flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 c. brown sugar
3 tsp. non-aluminum baking powder
1/2 c. steel cut oats, soaked over night
2 tbl. honey, preferably local
2 tbl. blackstrap molasses
1 c. original flavor almond milk (or your favorite milk)
1. Grease a 12-muffin tin with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Soak dried fruit in a small bowl with 1. c hot water. In a medium sized bowl, combine wheat germ and remaining 1/4 c. hot water. Stir and set aside.
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl, stir to combine.
4. Drain fruit in a colander. Add fruit, soaked oats, honey, molasses, and milk to the wheat germ. Stir to combine.
5. Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Spoon mixture into muffin tins. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes.
|Millet flour adds a layer of sweetness|
unparalleled by other whole grain flours.
If unavailable, use your own flour blend.
Nutrition Facts - Serving Size 1 Muffin
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Sugars 11g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated <1g
- Polyunsaturated <1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
This recipe is naturally vegan, therefore, dairy-free. Can be made suitable for a gluten-free diet by substituting the whole wheat flour for rice flour, and the oats for basmati rice.
*Recipe and Nutrition Facts created by Keri Rogers.