A fresh pumpkin soup with fresh ginger, coconut milk and spices. Pairs well with a mixed green salad for a light meal!
Fresh Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
2 tbl. grapeseed oil
2-3 lb Pie Pumpkin, seeds removed and chopped
1 lg. onion, coarsely chopped
1 tbl. ginger, freshly grated
1 qt. chicken stock (or vegetable)
15oz. coconut milk
Red Chile Flakes
Microgreens (as garnish)
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (as garnish - recipe below)
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium high heat. Add pumpkin, onions, and ginger and saute stirring occasionally until soft.
2. Add chicken stock, coconut milk, and chile flakes (to your taste). Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor. Pour into bowls, top with microgreens and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Savory Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
1-1/2 tbl. grapeseed oil
2 c. raw pumpkin seeds
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and place into a baking dish. Don't crowd the pumpkin seeds... make sure they lay flat in the baking dish without overlapped.
3. Bake turning every 15 minutes until the pumpkin seeds are crispy and lightly browned. Usually takes an hour or more.