|Fresh off the grill...time to|
|Romaine lettuce is considered the|
healthiest of all lettuce varieties.
It contains a high water content,
vitamins A, K, C, and folate,
dietary fiber, and minerals.
Candida Diet, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo, Primal, Vegan
|Salad we made with grilled romaine,|
local red bell pepper, zucchini and
yellow squash, and cucumber.
1 head romaine lettuce, washed thoroughly*
melted coconut oil or grass-fed unsalted butter
1/2 whole lemon
1. Heat gas grill to medium heat.
2. Trim off around 1-3 inches of loose tips of the lettuce depending upon size. Slice in half lengthwise.
3. Place lettuce halves belly up on a cutting board. Sprinkle the seasonings evenly over the top to taste. Brush gently with melted fat.
4. Lay lettuce belly side down onto hot grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from grill. Squeeze lemon juice evenly over the top.
* How to wash lettuce and other fresh foods.
**Photos and recipe by Keri Rogers.
Keri is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Creator of Yoga Props, and Nutrition/Wellness Educator. She owns and operates BAYA Wellness, LLC offering Yoga and Nutrition Education Services. Keri teachers both privately and publicly around the Greenville area offering on-going classes and special events. Her path as a nutritionist is all about making healthy living approachable... she teaches the components of healthy cooking, eating, and thinking while also offering specialized services like menu planning. Healthy living is about the whole pictures of wellness... find your path to living well.
BAYA... Be As You Are!
Contact for details: Website BAYAWellness@gmail.com or 864-430-1275