This recipes is dangerously good... so good that even my husband ate several servings of it throughout the week. That rarely happens when I make a health inspired dessert. ;-) It is actually creamy like a traditional cheesecake and full of flavor. Love this recipe!!!
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Raw, Soy-Free, Vegan
1 c. almonds
1 c. pecans
1/4 c. Enjoy Life chocolate chips
3 tbl. cocoa powder
pinch of sea salt
5 medjool dates
1-1/2 c. fresh cherries, pitted
1-1/2 c. fresh organic blueberries
3 c. raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
2 c. unsweetened coconut milk (vanilla)
1/3 c. honey
pinch of sea salt
1 cup plus 2 tbl. coconut oil
3 tbl. arrowroot powder mixed with 2 tbl. cold water
1. Put all crust ingredients except medjool dates into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add dates one at a time until coarsely chopped. Should be able to stick together when pressed between two fingers.
2. Press pie crust into a 6 inch spring form pie crust until it forms a thin layer around the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
1. Blend cherries and blueberries until thoroughly mixed. Pour into airtight container and place in fridge.
1. Strain liquid from cashews. Combine cashews, milk, lemon juice, honey and salt in a blender. Combine arrowroot powder with water in a small cup. With motor running on low slowly added melted coconut oil and arrowroot liquid.
2. Remove 1/3 of the plain filling and store in the refrigerator until needed. Add berry mixture to the remaining filling and blend to combine.
3. Pour half the fruit filling over the pie crust. Drizzle maple syrup over then top with remaining fruit filling. Tap the mold to settle. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove and top with plain filling.
5. Place cheese cake in freezer for another 2 hours. Once solid top with pecan halves and fruit for eye appeal. Store in the refrigerator.
*Recipe and photos by Keri Marino.
is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Propmaker, and Yoga Therapist in training. She owns and operates Yoga Unique
LLC offering Private classes, Yoga Therapy and products. Keri teachers both
privately and publicly around the Greenville area.