Thursday, May 30, 2013

Simple Heavenly Braised Kale

I've got to say that a big bowl of greens is one of my favorite things on the planet. It just makes my body and soul happy. I used to think that great tasting foods had to have a ton of different ingredients and spices. Since dating my chef fiance Tanner, I've learned that often times the most delicious foods are the simplest ones where the quality of the ingredients shine for themselves. This has got to be one of the easiest recipes I've ever posted on here - but it is so incredibly delicious. Hope you enjoy as much as I did this morning for Breakfast. Cheers to eating well! :-)

Candida Diet, Dairy-Free*, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Nut-Free, Soy-Free

Ingredients:
1 tbl. butter or coconut oil*
1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1/2 bunch Lacinato Kale, de-stemmed and coarsely chopped
2/3 c. homemade chicken stock
sea salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Heat butter or coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Saute onion and garlic until translucent (approximately 3-5 minutes).
3. Add kale and chicken stock. Simmer stirring occassionally until kale softens. Approximately, 8-10 minutes. 
 *Recipe and photos by Keri Rogers.

 I served my breakfast as pictured above with 2 scrambled eggs and a few thin slices of homemade dairy-free and gluten-free blueberry bread topped with sunflower seed butter. Pictured to the left is my favorite brand of Sunflower Seed Butter because they don't add any GMO oils, sugar or salt. Love this stuff! :-)


 Keri is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, creator of yoga props, and health lifestyle educator.  She owns and operates BAYA Wellness, LLC offering yoga classes, handmade props, and healthy lifestyle services. Keri teachers both privately and publicly around the Greenville area offering on-going classes and special events. 


BAYA... Be As You Are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment