|Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free & Paleo|
1 c. slivered almonds
1 c. whole pecans
1/2 c. almond meal*
1/2 c. unsweetened banana chips
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. cashew butter
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. raw honey
1/2 tsp. sea salt, ground
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. dried berries
1. Toast almonds and pecans in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Turning once or twice. They are ready when they smell fragrantly nutty and are lightly browned. Allow to cool 3-4 minutes.
2. Add almonds, pecans, and banana chips to a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
3. In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil and cashew butter together over low to low-medium heat. Remove from heat.
4. Add vanilla extract, honey, sea salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
5. Fold in nut mixture and almond meal until mixed thoroughly.
6. Fold in dried berries until combined.
7. Spoon and press into an 8x11 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
9. Cut up into bars. We cut up into 14 square bars and pre-bagged to grab on the go.
10. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container.
*Make your almond meal by grinding whole almonds with skins in a food processor. Also, available at most health food stores and some grocery stores.
The recipe was modified from: Mark's Daily Apple - Primal Energy Bars.
Recipe and photo by Keri Rogers.
Keri is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Culinary Nutritionist, and Wellness Coach. She owns and operates BAYA Wellness, LLC offering Yoga and Nutrition Services. Keri teachers both privately and publicly around the Greenville area offering on-going classes and special events. Her path as a nutritionist is all about making healthy living approachable... she teaches the components of healthy cooking, eating, and thinking while also offering specialized services like menu planning. Healthy living is about the whole pictures of wellness... find your path to living well.
BAYA... Be As You Are!
Contact for details: Website BAYAWellness@gmail.com or 864-430-1275