Thursday, September 2, 2010

Who are you living for?



Somedays I am reminded of how much my life, thoughts, and actions are completed in order to please the people I value in my life. When you really sit back and reflect on your day... how many activities did you do for the sake of doing them versus for receiving a benefit?

I listen to my friends going over the ups and downs of life and when they are finished letting their heart speak I keep feeling a resounding need for their actions to be justified. It all comes down to a feeling that all of our actions need to be rational and vindicated.

Think about how much stress we experience in life just by trying to feel approved of. At the end of the day when all the choices are made, the sun has gone down, we lay in bed with thoughts wandering, and we attempt to establish a sense of peace before drifting off to sleep. We're left alone with our own thoughts and opinions. We are left in that place of self- love and acceptance... or placing judgements and negativity.

I've done a lot of reflecting lately on my life and the big choices I've made independently. I struggled in making most of those decisions. Often times the stress, anxiety, and fear I experienced has been directly related to wanting other people to be "okay" with my actions. I wanted to make sure that no matter what I chose I would still be loved and respected.

On the flip side, some of the most liberating and pleasing decisions that I've made in life have been grounded in a deep sense of peace within myself. I reached a decision - and no matter what hardships may come my way I would stand by those choices indefinitely. No matter what judgements were passed I could lay in bed at night in a place of self-love and acceptance.

So who are you living for?

"I want you to be everything that's you, deep at the center of your being." - Confucious

Allow yourself the space to simply be you, imperfect... living in pursuit of happiness. Love and respect others peoples right to be their own unique individual. Be as you are!

By living in a place of self-love and acceptance I am a better version of myself for everyone else. By knowing what I want out of life I am able to follow my dreams, live fully, spread the wisdom I've received, and let go of limiting beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment