Granola bars are one of the easiest portable snacks to make at home ever! These crunchy bars contain a super nutritious blend of a variety of nuts and are only sweetened with honey. Many commercial granola bars contain high-fructose corn syrup, gluten, and nuts that may be rancid. Took these to yoga teacher training last weekend and they were a big hit. Hope you enjoy! :-)
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free*, Soy-Free
½ c. flax seed, raw
1 c. pecans, raw
1 c. almonds, raw
1 c. cashew nuts, raw
3 c. gluten-free rolled oats
3 c. dried fruit blend (cranberries, cherries blueberries or your favorite mix)
½ c. dark chocolate chips
¾ c. honey, raw & local
2 tsp. cinnamon
dash sea salt
1. Grease large baking sheet with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, blend all seeds, nuts and oats until resembles a coarse ground meal. If you don’t have a food processor you can chop by hand (but this takes much longer.)
3. Add berries, dark chocolate, honey, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir to combine.
4. Spread granola mixture out onto a baking sheet. Press down with clean hands. To avoid the granola sticking to your hands, wash fingers and coat with a small amount of coconut oil.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 1-1/2 hours or until lightly toasted. Let cool completely in pan.
6. Slice into bars and store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks. This recipe makes around 36 bars store in freezer if you would like them to last longer.
*can be made dairy free with Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Recipe and photo by Keri Rogers.
Keri is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Creator of Yoga Props, and Nutrition/Wellness Educator. She owns and operates BAYA Wellness, LLC offering Yoga and Nutrition Education Services. Keri teachers both privately and publicly around the Greenville area offering on-going classes and special events. Her path as a nutritionist is all about making healthy living approachable... she teaches the components of healthy cooking, eating, and thinking while also offering specialized services like menu planning. Healthy living is about the whole pictures of wellness... find your path to living well.BAYA... Be As You Are!
Contact for details: Website BAYAWellness@gmail.com or 864-430-1275